What We Do & How We Help
Don’t you wish you could feel unquestionably confident about your finances? You don’t have to look far to find financial advice or tax-minimization strategies that promise to bring financial success. And while there’s plenty of general advice you would be wise to take, your finances don’t exist in a bubble. They are an extension of you, your values, your dreams, and your life circumstances; as such, they deserve a personal touch.
That’s where we come in. At New Century Investments, we provide personalized service and clear guidance for every phase of your life so you can approach your finances with unquestionable confidence.
Who We Are
New Century Investments was originally founded in 1995 when a CPA and a Registered Investment Advisor decided to team up to help clients manage no-load investment portfolios. What began as an investment management firm for tax clients quickly evolved into a full-service financial-investment planning firm for individuals, families, and small businesses.
We know that money matters, and that through open, honest, and transparent advice, we can always act in the best interest of our clients.
What We Do
We are a holistic firm that combines the expertise of Certified Public Accountants and Certified Financial Planner™ professionals. This breadth of knowledge allows us to design, advise, and manage the business, tax, retirement, and investment aspects of your finances. Because of this, we can provide truly personalized financial advice and guidance.
As a firm, we treat each of your financial considerations with great care. We position ourselves as partners alongside our clients, investing in the same assets (ETFs or mutual funds) that we recommend. We provide transparent and consistent communication with our clients to ensure their financial assets are well managed with the dual goals of accumulating and preserving long-term wealth.
How We Work
We offer several different services depending on your unique needs as our client. This includes:
- Financial planning: We will determine how much you need to allocate to meet your financial goals, whether you are on track, and make recommendations to help achieve those goals.
- Investment management: We design a tailored portfolio seeking to capture the highest risk-adjusted return. We invest alongside you, using the same funds within our portfolios. We sit on the same side of the table as you.
- Forward tax planning: We have CPAs involved in our planning process to ensure that we consider each tax implication and keep most of your wealth sheltered from tax.
- Small business planning: We help self-employed and small business owners open and manage SEP IRAs, self-employed 401(k)s, and SIMPLE IRAs. We assure that your business plan meets top-heavy testing requirements, or falls under the safe harbor provision, and we invest the portfolio based on your investment goals, your time horizon, and your assessed risk tolerance.
No matter your financial needs, we’ve got you covered.
Who We Serve
Many of our clients are small business owners looking for tax management strategies and individuals planning their retirement and investing. We have two types of clients we typically work with:
- Business owners: Usually between the ages of 30-40. This group of clients is usually looking for tax-mitigation strategies to help maintain cash flow and grow their businesses. They may also be interested in implementing employer-sponsored retirement plans and looking for advice on how to go about it. These clients tend to understand risk a little more than the average person and are willing to make bolder investments for the benefit of their companies.
- Retirees: Age 67+, they typically have a large retirement nest egg but may not necessarily feel confident in managing their entire financial situation alone. They are looking for help with distribution planning, how to manage their portfolio, and how much they actually need to live the life they want in retirement.
What Makes Us Unique
Our New Century Investments team is unique in our ability to handle taxes and investments under one roof. We are a one-stop shop for all your financial needs. This means our advice is not only more comprehensive, but also more accurate since we can marry your investment portfolio with your tax return and analyze everything to find the most tax-efficient, return-efficient strategy.
We don’t aim to be the cheapest financial advice or tax solution, but we end up being more cost-effective than paying a financial planner and a CPA separately. Our clients are at a point in their lives where they value and need the expertise of both a CPA and a CFPⓇ, so it makes the most sense to keep everything under one roof.
Going to your tax advisor once a year is like driving while looking in the rearview mirror—it’s reactive rather than proactive, and a lot of tax strategies go out the window if you’re not planning for them in advance.
An example of one client we helped was a woman who inherited a large lump sum from her husband’s passing, which she rolled into her IRA. She was 67 and had 5 years before her required minimum distributions started. We set her up with a Roth conversion strategy which enabled her to stay in the 0% tax bracket while taking money out of her IRA. The Roth IRA money will now compound and grow tax free for her future goals in 10+ years.
This is the difference that a holistic CPA and CFPⓇ firm can create. We are surrounded by expertise. If our advisors don’t know the answer, we will go to the CPAs. If they don’t know the answer, we will call on our network of estate planning attorneys and other professionals to ensure our clients always get the most relevant and accurate financial information.
Take the First Step
If you’re ready to take the first step into a brighter financial future, we would love to hear from you! Schedule a complimentary introductory consultation by calling 817-238-6300, emailing Matt.Ward@NewCenturyInvestments.com, or scheduling an appointment online.
Matt Ward is a financial advisor and the president of New Century Investments, an independent investment advisory firm serving business owners, pre-retirees, and retirees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and beyond. Matt is passionate about integrating investing, planning, and tax management into a holistic approach. Matt’s breadth of knowledge and experience in both taxes and investment management sets him apart, giving him the ability to design, advise on, and manage business strategies, tax efficiency, and retirement planning. He is known for his care and attention to detail and works hard to develop personal relationships with each of his clients so they can benefit from his customized service and guidance. He loves walking with his clients through their financial journey, supporting them and celebrating with them as they reach their goals.
Matt graduated from Texas Tech University with a bachelor’s degree and is a Certified Financial Planner™ and Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠ professional. When he’s not working, you can find Matt hiking, playing the guitar, and spending time with his family. To learn more about Matt, connect with him today!